Verse of the Day
WHAT WE BELIEVE
- The Word of God “ We believe the Bible is the Word of God, fully inspired, without error in the original manuscripts, written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, and that it is the supreme authority in all matters. (Jn.17:17; 2 Tim. 3:16, 17; 2 Pet.1:19-21).
- The Trinity “ We believe there is one living and true God, eternally existing harmoniously in three distinct persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Matt. 28:19; Jn.1:1-4; Jn.14:All).
- God the Father “ We believe in God, the Father, an infinite personal spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power, and love. We believe He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men, that He hears and answers prayers, and He saves all who come to Him through Jesus Christ from sin and death (Jn.3:16-17, 4:24; 17:5).
- Jesus Christ “ We believe Jesus is the Christ, God's only begotten Son. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles and teachings. We believe He died in atonement for our sins and conquered death through resurrection making it possible for us to spend eternity with the Father (Isa.7:14; Jn.1:7,14; Phil. 2:5-11; Heb.1:2-3).
- The Holy Spirit “ We believe the Holy Spirit dwells within every believer in Christ, and He is an abiding helper, teacher, and guide (Jn.14:26; Jn.16:7-15; Rom.8:14-17; Eph.1:13-14).
- Salvation “ We believe that all men are sinners in nature and by choice, and are therefore under condemnation. We believe those who repent of their sin, receive Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, are saved. We also believe that those who hold this confession are to be baptized in obedience to Christ's command. We practice baptism by immersion (Mark 16:15-16; Acts 2:38; 8:12; 17:30-31; John 3:14-18).
- The Lord's Supper “ We believe Christ instituted the Lord's Supper to commemorate His death. Our custom is to observe it weekly (Matt. 26:26-29; Mark 14:22-25; Luke 22:19-21; John 6:52-59; Acts 2:42, 20:7; 1 Cor.11:23-32).
- The Church “ We believe in the Christian church, a living spiritual body of which Christ is the head and all baptized believers are members. We believe in the local church consisting of a company of believers in Jesus Christ who come together for worship, the study of God's word, and Christian fellowship. We believe God has laid upon the members of the local church the primary task of sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ with a lost world (Matt. 16:13-18; Acts 2:38-41; Eph.2:19-22; Eph.5:25-27).
- The 2nd Coming “ We believe in the personal and visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ to earth and the establishment of His kingdom. We believe in the resurrection, the final judgment, the eternal joy of the righteous, and the endless suffering of the wicked (Jn.5:28-29; 2 Cor.5:10; Rev.20:1-15).